Tuesday 28 September 2010

Ideas for a rainy day...

I'm taking some time off at the moment and yesterday, I couldn't believe my luck. Warm Sun, a calm breeze and relatively clean friendly waves. When I woke up and peeled back the curtains today however, I had to wonder if I'd imagined the whole day. Greeted with grey, wet and windy weather, I felt like was in another world. I wondered what to do. I'm pretty rubbish at doing nothing and the surf today is less than inspiring, so I've opted to pick up one of the new books from the shop and dive into it this afternoon - I can't put it down - good choice! We have a whole range of new reading material from 'The surfing handbook' to the 'California Surf Project' from factual to spiritual so there's something to cater for all tastes. The book I've picked to start with (as I'm sure I'll work my way through all of them) is Jaimal Yogis' Saltwater Buddha, a surfers quest to find zen on the sea. There's a short clip below the picture in which the author explains the book...

Happy reading, ignore the bad weather, James.





No comments:

Post a Comment